Kinds of hosting services
A hosting service is related to depositing and/or sharing specific web content on a web server hosted by a hosting vendor. There are different kinds of hosting services used for various purposes, so let's survey them. In this way, you can elect what you want, based on whether you wish to set up a web site, mails, or to share files with buddies and associates.
- File hosting: a service supplied by given hosts, which allows you to share large files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole aim is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey an index of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to open .html or .php web files in your browser. Free file storage solutions are frequently supported by showing advertisements by the download links, while a timer forces you to await a certain spell of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you own a paid file hosting plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no restriction with regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the help of the cPanel hosting suppliers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is an entirely fallacious explanation of the literal denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would divide the tasks at hand between different bunches of servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving different web hosting services (email, storage space, stats, DNS, databases, website hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is just a variety of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; given providers offer a hosting service for pictures solely. This hosting brand is suitable if you want to share a great quantity of images with friends or acquaintances since the solution is mostly free of cost. You will get a random link for every pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be used for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution committed to managing your e-mail accounts. Some providers offer hosting services for sites, but do not supply an email service. If you desire to keep a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to own a web site, then the email hosting solution is what you need. You can create email mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a given video, or you can embed the video file in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video brings about a given amount of CPU load, so with a bunch of video files and a few hundred site viewers, you may have a problem with your webspace hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will enable you to operate as many videos as you desire without worrying about system supplies.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you require if you wish to run a web site. To some degree, it encompasses all of the aforesaid hosting types since, along with your sites, you can also host pics and files, you can set up databases and e-mails, upload video files, and so on. At WebDaytonaHosting, for example, you can take a look at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting solutions that allow you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in a single location. There may be limits depending on the form of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web site hosting plan may be better or worse compared with the normal e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are designed for specific web content solely.